This article is for EOR Employees and explains how to submit expenses or allowances adjustments.
If the company you do work for is using our Expensify integration, please see our Employee's Guide to Using Expensify with Deel.
In this article:
- Before you start
- Types of adjustments
- How to add an expense or allowance adjustment
- How to edit or delete an expense or allowance adjustment
- Frequently Asked Questions
Before you start
- Please submit only one expense per expense claim.
- All expense and allowance adjustments must be reviewed and approved by your employer and then approved by Deel.
- Expenses must be supported by a receipt or invoice in order to meet local regulatory or legal requirements. Where applicable, additional local requirements and information can be found inside your Employee FAQ on the app.
- Deel may reclassify your expense or adjustment to meet local rules and regulations. Deel may also request additional supporting information from you.
- Adjustments approved before the payroll cut-off date will be processed in the current month's payroll. Any adjustment approved after the payroll cut-off date will be processed in the next month's payroll.
Types of adjustments
Expenses are reimbursable costs incurred by you for legitimate business purposes in the course of your employment. Business expenses are usually not taxable, but may be subject to certain limitations in some jurisdictions.
Allowances are one-time or recurring fixed amounts paid by the company as a benefit to you. Allowances are usually taxable. In some jurisdictions certain allowance categories may not be taxable, subject to certain limitations.
How to add an adjustment
✅ Step 1 – Click Add Item
The Payments Items section will appear on your home page.
✅ Step 2 – Fill in required information
You must add the type of adjustment, amount, and item description.
You must attach a supporting invoice or receipt for any expense. You can make an allowance a recurring adjustment.
✅ Step 3 – Click Add Payment Item
Your adjustment is added and is filed as Pending while awaiting approval from your employer.
How to edit or delete an adjustment
Once you add an adjustment, you can't edit it.
If you need to edit any information, delete the pending adjustment and submit a new one.
You can't edit or delete approved adjustments.
✅ Step 1 - Open your contract
✅ Step 2 - Select the pending adjustment that you want to delete
Click the blue trash icon to delete. Click Yes, Remove to confirm.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will my expense or allowance adjustment be paid?
Adjustments approved before the payroll cut-off date will be processed in the current month's payroll. Any adjustment approved after the payroll cut-off date will be processed in the next month's payroll.
What do I do if my expenses or allowance hasn't been approved yet?
Deel will send reminders to your approver about outstanding adjustments. You may also contact your employer at your own discretion to request an approval.
I made an mistake on my adjustment can I fix it?
You cannot edit an adjustment. If your adjustment has not been approved you can delete it and submit a new one. If your adjustment has already been approved, please contact customer support for assistance.