Eligibility for Deel Advance varies from person to person based on a couple of factors.
- You have an active fixed or pay-as-you-go contract
- Your contract must not have a termination pending
- You and your client have verified your Deel accounts
- Your pay cycle must be less than or equal to one month
- You have had a continuous engagement with the same client for at least two months as measured by your earliest work cycle and not your contact creation date.
In some instances, Deel may also consider other factors on a case-by-case basis when reviewing requests.
If you're on a new contract, don't worry - Deel will send you an email when you are eligible!
Special note for users on Pay-as-you-go Contracts:
- Please note that only regular billed "work" will be considered for Deel Advance eligibility.
- If your hours have been reported as "Task", "Other", "Bonus", "Commission" or such types on your invoices, these will not count towards Deel Advance eligibility. The same applies to off-cycles invoices.
- Pay-as-you-go contracts paid by task, instead of by hourly rate are not eligible for Deel Advance at this time
You can check how your hours are categorized on any of your invoices.
How to check if you're eligible?
If you are eligible, you will see the Deel Advance tab in the sidebar on your account. If you don't see this tab, you are not eligible at this time!
The request screen will include the following information:
- the amount you want to request
- the Advance limit amount for your request **
- fees - Deel Advance is free for up to $50 USD
**Note: You must be receiving regular payments on your contract in recent months for us to calculate your limit. Users who have not been receiving eligible payments in recent months, per the above eligibility criteria, may see an advance limit of zero as a result
Deel Advance Limits
The maximum Advance amount varies by individual and your personal limit will be viewable in the Deel Advance request screen.
The maximum Advance amount under any circumstance is US$20,000.