- Are you using our Standard Contract?
- Do you have contractors outside your entity's location?
If you answered yes to both, Deel Premium provides you with additional protection against misclassification. ($50 in addition to the standard $49 per month and contract fee.) In addition, upgrading covers your legal costs and penalties if imposed by a tax authority that believes an individual was misclassified as a contractor.
Why get Deel Premium for misclassification protection?
Employers typically pay taxes and other national insurance contributions for full-time employees, but these fees may not apply to independent contractors. If a contractor is misclassified, the company may face penalties imposed by international tax organizations. For example, in the United States, if misclassification is found, you may incur fines of up to $10,000. With Deel Premium, you are protected up to a limit of $25k per contract and $250k per client.
You can read more about this topic in our blog article Misclassification of Independent Contractors Guide.
With Deel Premium, you'll be covered for:
tax authorities penalties
3rd party indemnity (up to $10,000)
How do I opt-in for Deel Premium on a new contract?
When creating a new contract for a contractor:
1. Select the contractor's tax residence in the "General Info" section
2. Select "Upgrade to Deel Premium." Please note that some countries may not be supported
3. Select "Create Contract"
4. Complete a brief eligibility check to confirm the relationship and the nature of the work
How do I add Deel Premium to an existing contract?
To add Deel Premium to an existing contract:
1. Go to the "Contracts" tab and the contract you wish to enroll in Premium
2. In the "Contract Details" section, click "View And Upgrade"
You will be asked to complete a short eligibility check, and provided you fit the criteria, the upgrade to Deel Premium will be applied instantly!