With Deel, managing your approvals is now easier than ever!
Whenever you have items waiting to be approved, you will see "Items pending for approval" on your home page. You can click on “Review” and you will see all your pending items and the number of approvers needed.
Here's a short video explanation on how this feature works and how it would look like:
How can this feature help your managers?
It will allow managers to review and approve items by giving them approval rights.
In order to guarantee that there will always be at least one manager with the right to approve items in a team, managers with the Admin role always have the right to approve items by default, as one cannot remove the last admin in a team.
Please check this article for details on how to assign an Approver role to your team members.
What items can a manager approve?
- Additional items only
- This option will allow you to approve or deny pending items such as additional expenses, bonuses, overtime and work submitted only.
- When additional items only is selected, any fixed rate, salaries, and recurring items will appear as auto approved.
- All items
- Using all items approvals you can approve or deny all pending items including fixed rates and recurring items such as weekly allowances and monthly salaries.
What about recurring items?
The first item requires approval – subsequent items after the first full approval will be approved by default in the following invoices.
Using multiple approvers
When multiple team members within a team are allowed to review items:
- Any manager with the right to approve items counts.
- All required approvals are needed for an item to approved.
- One rejection is enough for an item to be denied.
The default settings for a new team are:
- Approval of additional items is required.
- One manager is required to approve items.
Approvals will receive email notifications, letting them know whenever items have been submitted to them to approve. And also employees and contractors will receive emails to let them know when an item has been approved or denied.
Please note that if you have auto-pay on, you will be required to have some level of approvals established.
If you have any additional queries, please contact us. We're here to assist you 24/7!