If you already have set up your integration and want to understand how this integration works, please check out this article.
Deel's integration with Greenhouse helps you save you time and admin when it comes from going to the job offer to the contract signing stage.
In this article you will find:
Greenhouse is an applicant tracking software that companies use to post job listing, track applicants, review progress through the hiring process and make job offers.
With the Greenhouse integration, clients can choose to “Hire through Deel” in order to pull all relevant details of a new employee from the Greenhouse platform to Deel. This feature will fast track the contract creation process by having the contract pre-populated with details like name, salary rate, job title, scope of work, contract type and more.
Step 1 -- Log in to your Deel account and select Apps & Perks in the navigation menu.
Step 2 -- Locate Greenhouse in the Human Resources section and click connect on the next page.
There will be 3 key steps in order to set up your integration with Greenhouse and Deel.
Step 1 -- Enter your API key from Greenhouse
To get this API key in Greenhouse please go to Greenhouse and follow these instructions:
- Click on ⚙️ icon on the top-left of Greenhouse.
- Click into ‘dev center’ on the left-hand menu.
- Select ‘API credential management’ in the sub-menu.
- In the top-right click ‘Create New API Key’ and select ‘Harvest’ for ‘API Type’ option.
- For ‘Partner’ search for Deel and select it. This will ensure the permissions Deel needs are automatically configured.
- Add an optional description and then click ‘Manage Permissions.’ You’ll be able to then copy your API key. If you lose it you’ll need to redo the process. Click ‘I have stored the API Key’.
- You will then see a screen with the default permissions pre-selected. Click ‘Save’ at the bottom.
- Paste the API key into Deel which will cause the 'connect' button to turn blue. Click that to establish the connection. You will then proceed to the next step in Deel.
Note: that you must select API Type = 'Harvest' before 'Deel' Partner option will be available!
Step 2 --Install custom fields in Greenhouse
When you press connect and successfully authenticate, you will be brought to the below screen. In order for us to know which candidates to generate a contract for we need you to install a custom 'offer' field.
You can conveniently copy-paste all the details needed to create this field from this screen into Greenhouse, following these instructions to create the custom field:
- Click on the ⚙️ icon in the top-right of Greenhouse.
- Click on ‘Custom Options’ in the left-hand menu
- Under ‘Company Custom Fields’ click ‘Offers’.
- Click ‘Add Field’ which will take you to a new screen.
- In field name enter ‘Hire remotely using Deel?’ exactly. Deel will validate that this exact name has been used. You might also want to add a helpful description. Coveniently copy the suggested text under 'Description' on this screen.
- Under ‘Field Type’ choose the ‘Single select’ option.
- In the ‘options’ box enter in the following options on separate lines: ‘Fixed Rate’, ‘Pay As You Go’, ‘Milestone’, ‘Deel Full-Time Employee’
- Click ‘Save’
- Once you have installed the custom field, click 'Validate & Continue' in Deel. If you have installed everything in Greenhouse correctly, you will go to the next step: webhooks.
Please note that there is a way you can further customise this field. One such way is making the field visible but for only certain countries of employment. There is also an option to make the field mandatory for certain countries, if you know you will always use Deel to hire in those countries. Explore your Greenhouse guides or reach out to Greenhouse support to learn more.
Step 3 --Set up Webhooks in Greenhouse
The way that Deel will know about new offers and changes to offers for candidates that need to be hired using Deel will be via Webhook events that you set up on Greenhouse.
In the final bit of setting up, you'll conveniently see all the instructions you'll need to run through to do this in Greenhouse and proceed.
You will need to create 3 different webhook events, copy-pasting the provided 'Endpoint URL' and 'Secret key' we provide. These webhooks tell us about new offers, updated offers and deleted offers so we can create and update Deel contracts accordingly.
Please follow these steps
- Click on the ⚙️ icon in the top-right of Greenhouse.
- Go into ‘Dev Center’ on the left-hand menu.
- Click on ‘Web Hooks’ in the sub-menu and then click ‘Web Hooks’ again on the new screen.
- Name the web hooks something memorable such as ‘Deel - Offer Updated’.
- To start with, create a webhook for ‘Offer Created’ and enter in the Endpoint URL and Secret key provided to you on this page. Greenhouse should look like the below:
- Click ‘Create Web hook’. You can go back into Deel and press the validate button to see if everything was correctly set up.
- Create 2 other web hooks for when ‘Offer Updated’ and ‘Offer Deleted’.
- Click 'validate webhooks' You need the following screen to proceed with all 3 webhooks validated.
- Click 'complete setup' in the top-right and you are done! If you were successful you will now have access to settings as per below:
It's now time to start customizing your integration and then hiring on Deel using Greenhouse to power your HR handoff process!
More details on how to do this can be found in this article where you will learn how to customize data mappings, and about the behaviour of the integration.