Deel sponsors visas for employees under our Employer of Record model.
We have partnerships with a number of legal firms in local countries; however, we do not yet support all countries in which we have entities.
You will be able to easily track an employee's visa status throughout the entire application process straight from your home page!
How do I start Deel’s visa process?
When it comes to the visa application and approval process, every country and every situation is unique.
While we are able to offer support with the application, the final review and approval is handled entirely by local governments.
There is no guarantee that a visa application will be accepted, or that the process will move quickly.
Here are a few key things to consider before moving forward with the application process:
- Deel does not currently sponsor visas in all countries. You’ll want to confirm the desired country is available for sponsorship. Please reach out to your Customer Service Manager to confirm which countries and which visas are available.
- Reach out to your Customer Success Manager for more information. If we are able to sponsor a visa in the country, your next step is to talk with your Customer Success Manager. They are able to provide you with additional information including:
- Cost for visa application
- Visa application processing time
- Minimum requirements for the application
How do I apply for a visa?
When you are ready to start the application process, you’ll need the following information:
- Employee citizenship (copy of passport)
- Any current held work or residence visas/permits
- Duration of employment
- Job title
- Job Description/ CV or resume
- Proposed gross annual salary in local currency
- Expected start date
- Highest level of education
- Any dependents requiring visas
How can I track the status of a visa application?
From your Deel home page, you can click Visa applications in the onboarding Tracker box.
Select the Visa applications tab for a detailed breakdown on the current status
In Progress: Deel is processing the visa application and reviewing documentation. We will let you know when we submit it to the authorities in your country for their review and approval.
Awaiting Employee Documents: We needed additional documents from the employee to proceed with the visa application. We are waiting for the employee to send us the necessary documentation.
With Country Authorities: We have sent the visa application to the relevant authorities in the country for review. We will keep you posted on any updates.
Approved: The visa application has been approved by the authorities and is actively sponsored by Deel.
Declined: The visa application has been denied.
What countries does Deel support in the visa process?
Please contact your Customer Service Manager to confirm which countries and which visas are available.