Deel sponsors visas for employees under our Employer of Record model. We have partnerships with a number of legal firms in local countries, however, we do not yet support all countries in which we have entities.
How do I start Deel’s visa process?
The first thing to realize about the visa process, is that every country and situation is different. Deel is here to support the application process, but the actual process is driven by local governments. Meaning there is no guarantee that an application will be accepted or will move quickly.
Here are a few key things to consider before moving forward with the application process:
- Deel does not currently sponsor visas in all countries. You’ll want to confirm the desired country is available for sponsorship. Please reach out to your Customer Service Manager to confirm which countries and which visas are available.
- Reach out to your Customer Success Manager for more information. If we are able to sponsor a visa in the country, your next step is to talk with your Customer Success Manager. They are able to provide you with additional information including:
- Cost for visa application
- Visa application processing time
- Minimum requirements for the application
How to apply for a visa?
Once you’ve spoken with your Customer Success Manager and are ready to start the application process, you’ll need the following information:
- Employee citizenship (copy of passport)
- Any current held work or residence visas/permits
- Duration of employment
- Job title
- Job Description/ CV or resume
- Proposed gross annual salary in local currency
- Expected start date
- Highest level of education
- Any dependents requiring visas
What countries does Deel support in the visa process?
Please reach out to your Customer Service Manager to confirm which countries and which visas are available.