For approval processes, contract creation, contract modification and other critical events on Deel you have the option to send targeted notifications to a private Slack channel, which ensures secure and prompt communication within your team. If you're looking to send notifications to a private Slack channel, this article will show you how.
In this article:
Before you begin:
You should have a private channel created. If you don't, follow this article to add a channel and set the visibility to private.
Sending Notifications to A Private Slack Channel
After completing an approval process, creating or modifying a contract or performing other critical events on your Deel account, a modal will appear, prompting you to set up Slack notifications.
Begin by clicking 'Okay', followed by 'Allow' to complete the authentication process.
After authentication is successful, a new modal will display with Send notification to approver(s) already enabled. To extend notifications to a specific channel, simply turn on Send notifications to a channel.
How to add the Deel bot in a private Slack channel
To enable the fetching of private channels, add the Deel bot in that channel by following these steps:
1. Begin by navigating to a private channel of your choice on Slack
2. Click on the Channel name located at the upper part of your Slack interface
3. A modal will appear; here, select the Integrations tab
4. Within the Integrations tab, choose the option to add an app
5. In the app directory, use the search function to look for Deel
6. Once Deel appears in the search results, click Add to integrate it with your selected Slack channel
7. Go back to your Deel dashboard and click on the dropdown by Channel to load your Slack channels.
Please note, it might take a short while to fetch and load your Slack channels. Once loaded, select your desired channel from the dropdown menu and confirm your choice to finalize the notification setup.