Deel offers you a simple way to sync up any contracts you wish with Xero; you can select a handful, or every single one. Please keep in mind that you're required admin as a role in the Team Settings to have access to link contracts on Deel with Xero.
In this article you will find:
- Getting started
- Steps to install the integration
- Walkthrough video with step-by-step instructions
- Xero tracker categories
- Xero multi-currency support
Step 1 -- Log in to your Deel account and select Apps & Perks in the navigation menu.
Step 2 -- Select Xero and click connect on the next page to log in to you Xero account.
There will be 5 installations steps in order to set up your integration with Xero and Deel.
Step 1 --Select the entity you wish to integrate from the drop down menu and click next.
Step 2 -- Specify the Xero account to use for each bill then click next.
Step 3 -- Enable contract sync.
If you want to automatically sync all new contracts with your integration you can enable that feature now. Click next to continue.
Step 4 -- Choose your default invoice status.
You will be able to choose between draft, submitted, and authorized as the default status for all invoices you create.
Step 5 -- Customize your options
First, you can decide if you want us to synchronize each invoice along with an invoice payment so the invoices get marked as paid.
Second, choose the default payment account.
Congratulations, you just integrated your Xero account to Deel!
Walkthrough video with step-by-step instructions
Xero tracker categories
Xero tracker categories help customers to categorize their spending with greater granularity (beyond chart of account mapping) in the way they define it. It is possible to set up a maximum of 2 tracker categories in Xero.
Clients can set up and edit categories in Xero via their Advance Settings. Doing this maps the invoices from Deel to Xero, according to the tracker category that they set. Categories cannot be configured during the initial setup process as this is an advanced feature, so it needs to be done once the integration has been set up.
Setting up tracker categories
To map an existing tracker category in Xero to Deel, the client can do this on a default level or on the contractor level.
- In Deel, go to Integrations and head to Xero and the Settings tab.
- There will be a Xero tracker category card. If you have tracker categories set up in your Xero account, they will be pulled through to this card.
- As a standard, they will be set to 'Uncategorized', which is the default level.
- You can select a default option for each tracker category. This will then automatically be applied to all contractors whose invoices are being pulled via Deel, unless you choose to configure the trackers on an individual contractor level.
If you want to set up configurations on a contractor level, you will have to do so on a one-by-one basis. To do this:
- Go to the Contractor tab and select a contractor from the list.
- In the card that appears on the right hand side, you will see the available track categories that can be configured.
- Click on the tracker category to select which option you would like it to map to. This will then remove the default mapping and change it to their individual tracker setting. Any invoices from this contractor going forward will then be linked to this tracker.
Xero multi-currency support
Can I synchronize past invoices?
Yes, you can. To load past invoices, choose the date from which you want to sync retroactively.
Will my invoices be automatically synchronized?
Yes, Deel will automatically sync all the invoices starting from the date of integration.
How can I disconnect Xero?
Go to 'Integrations', select 'Settings' along the top, scroll down, and select 'Delete integration'. For step-by-step instructions, check this article.
What if the person who set the integration up leaves?
You can set up an email notification to go to several inboxes so if someone is off, or has left the organization, there isn't a single point of failure.
Do I get notifications if there is an issue with the integration?
An email notification setting has been added to the Xero integration, and the user can add as many email addresses as they wish so people get notified.